April 2020 Goals
How does one set goals? Especially if one *clears throat* Is not self-disciplined or motivated? I have never been a goal setter or keeper, and frankly, I hate them. Just like resolutions, I feel like I set myself up for failure by overestimating my confidence. After following other writers, authors, and planners, I feel like I've come to an understanding of where to start and how to move forward.
The key? Start small and take baby steps.
A few things to keep in mind in case you think I'm moving a bit too slow:
- I have a full-time job, and it's a great job, I genuinely enjoy it most days.
- My human boys are 14 and 10. Although they may be video game obsessed, I have fun hanging out with them.
- My 3 four-legged boys are, of course, not spoiled at all... yeah, right! They're spoiled. And attention keeps them alive.
- Friends, between crafting circles and coffee, I find I wouldn't be who I am without them. They are an excellent source for bouncing ideas off and an excellent source of finding new authors to read.
- The hubby. My alcohol supplier for weekend day drinking, editor for my short stories, and my driver to get things done. Mostly at a reasonable slower pace, but that is us.
- Crafts. I cannot begin to tell you all the fantastic things I've thought up by making something.
- Home improvement, because if I'm living in the same house for the rest of my life, I want it to look good.
Planning it out...
*The Witch's Crystal - Novel
Novel writing every Sunday night (at least I know I will be home) and determine the word count. I'm thinking of 1000 words or better to start. I promised my beta's to sent them one or more chapters by the end of the month.
Two to three months out, organize all ideas, and write them down. I want blog titles for at least four to six months.
Draft all blog posts and take pics a month out from publishing. Refine posts over the next few weeks and schedule publishing as they are completed.
Monthly Newsletter - draft at the beginning of every month and fill in every Sunday with published blog posts. Sign up here if you want a monthly recap.
*Family & Health
One family outing a month, preferably camping, hiking, or biking. Trying to cut down on expenses for home improvement projects.
Workout five days a week, I have a great gym friend to motivate me. I eat healthy for the most part, but it's hard when I'm stuck at a desk... I bring fewer snacks.
*Hobbies & Whatever
Still haven't found a way to organize them yet, except reading. I usually fit in 20-30 minutes of reading before bed. They are as follows:
- BuJu (bullet journal)
- scrapbooking & stamping
- TV shows (great source of ideas), and I can fit these in while I craft.
- home brewing
- home improvement
- Cricut Days
- Color Street
Turns out, I'm a very busy person. I didn't even write down chores...oh well!
If I can stick with this I'll reward myself with a trip to the ice cream isle, yum...